Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 8 – Saturday, May 22, 2010

Low key day - I started the day in my bathing suit thinking I would swim, but we planned then to go after lunch. Didn't happen as the rains came down!!! Of course they came down during my first market trip into Highgate! It's already a bit complicated, and that didn't help. We bought some produce, groceries, a mirror, and random snacks. Trying my first "sorrel" drink as we speak... and I don't love it.  Apparently it's popular with rum at Christmas... maybe that's what I'm missing! Kidding... but mine did come out of a juice carton. Smelled a lot of ganja downtown today, and saw some of God's more interesting creations. Also I miss quality customer service... men were sleeping at the lumber yard when we went to pick up a mirror, and just looked annoyed that we wanted to buy something. Had "bun and cheese" for lunch with some popcorn. Bun = raisin bread and cheese = equals tin cheese, like velveeta but doesn't melt. Odd combo, but tasty enough when you are hungry.

Took a "lickle" nap (or little) as you would say in patoi, and now am planning to take a shower. Woo hoo, big day! Actually in about an hour things will get hectic as a team of 21 from Kentucky Wesleyan is on their way as we speak. Need to get cleaned up, so they don't think I'm a swamp monster. It has been a contemplative day, and I was glad to talk to my parents a bit ago. Here's hoping we find a pizza place who will deliver some dinner.... very much kidding about that. No chance here! 

See, this one was short! Maybe all the action will happen later, but I'll save those stories for tomorrow!

- Big Al

No comments:

Post a Comment