Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1 – Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hello friends and family!

I'm here - a 4 am departure from the house this morning was rough, but good company, beautiful sights, yummy food and the promise of sleep to come makes it okay!

The guest house where I'm staying hasn't changed much since last year, except it's yellow and I'm sleeping in a different room. BUT i do have my own room AND HOT WATER!!! Was not expecting that! The new missionaries that are here are super sweet, and i love having the children Audrey and Braylon around already. Also I've already held a baby here - his name is Akiele and he's almost exactly the same age as Matthew. He has 2 teeth and dances and squirms and squeals just like him. i had jerk chicken for dinner, and banana cream pie for dessert. First lesson: baked things never turn out as you plan. 

asd weuj (audrey typed that part! she's 3 1/2) 

Tomorrow is church somewhere and then maybe the beach. Most certainly a nap in there, too! Off to a shower soon, and then beddy bye. Feels weird to not chat on my blackberry, to check fb and google reader incessently, to not have to worry about work, and to not know what im in for over the next two weeks but i feel good! Today Nick Vrettos (who i travelled with) told a man at the airport that I'm moving here, and he said "Welcome Home Mama" - not quite ready for that yet, but i plan to enjoy my two weeks. I've had good chats with people so far already about the vision of CSI, and where I fit within that. 

I heart you all, and for those of you in Court House a skype practice might be in order sometime this week. becky or Kelli are you still up for that? I need to find out when my dad is off work this week. I'll try to check email once a day so i hope to keep up with whats going on in your worlds. News, misc. bits of daytime work banter, quotes, and beyond. hope you all had a great day, and i'll talk to you soon!

- allison  

No comments:

Post a Comment