Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Organizing the Mess: Goal for Lent

My Lenten promise ties in nicely to my preparation to move out of the country. Each day my goal is to get rid of 10 things. I'll admit I'm not always on top of it - but overall I'm up to date as I overcompensate some days. This process equals trying on lots of clothes, and doing a trial wear just in case I "need" it. Then I either wash and box up to give away, or wash and rehang. I'm trying to be purposeful with what I keep, as well as what I give.


For my DVD's, I've kept a running list of what I'm giving away and am letting my besties/family/coworkers take from the list. Sadly, I still have a box full.


For clothes, I'm looking at who might need/want those items. Sometimes it's my mother or friends, but generally it is our local freestore/community resource center The Well. Household and games items mostly are going to The Well also.


I haven't tackled books or cookbooks yet. Yikes. Or craft supplies.


Oh dear, I'm a packrat.

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the
unnecessary so that the necessary may speak."
-Hans Hofmann, Introduction to the Bootstrap, 1993

No comments:

Post a Comment