Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2010 In Review... January

It has been a big year - and until I started typing this, I'm not sure I realized it! Lots of celebrations, and new experiences to round out the year. And though I'm trying to treasure those moments that can't be captured with a camera... these were! Instead of being overwhelmed with every month at once... I'll do a month a day!

January:

January brought cold weather, but a lot of fun. A Murder Mystery Party with Kelli, Shena and the crew - costumes, accents, excellent food - who could go wrong? I was a goth author, and nearly the murderer. Is it ok to be disappointed when you aren't the fictional murderer?

For Shena's birthday we took a gourmet cooking class in Powell, OH with Feasts from the Pantry - delicious and highly recommended. She sent us home with lessons like "here's how to hack up a whole chicken!" Ok, she didn't say hack... I did. And I wasn't totally grossed out. I think this skill will be helpful in Jamaica, and it saves money in the states. We got a recipe book of what we made that night, and I make the microwave chocolate cake quite regularly!
Murder Mystery Party at Chambers for NY10


No comments:

Post a Comment