Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 11 - Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Today I went to Ocho Rios after breakfast - finally saw the Green Castle property. It is AMAZING. What a view! I hope to go hiking there regularly when I move here. At Green Castle they have these cows - and I asked jokingly if they named them. Well they had... Peter and Blacker... Blacker, cause he's blacker than Peter. HA! Joe, the manager there told me about the property as well as snippets about his life. He met his wife in Kenya in the Peace Corps, and since then they have traveled everywhere. At one point he was telling a story unrelated to travel and it started, "when selena (their daughter) was 9 months old we took a vacation to Bali..." Wow. I want to have similar story starters.


Had a delicious peace of coco bread from a bakery in Port Maria, and went to the market there. I do look forward to buying fresh produce when I'm here - and I enjoy visiting the markets. Next on to some hardware stores in Ochi, the Lime cell phone store (what company I'll use when I'm here... buh-bye verizon), had lunch at Burger King (and they do NOT give you ranch unless you also buy a salad!), then on to drive around town. I saw the famous Devon House ice cream shop... but no stopping. While in Ochi I took my fav picture so far this trip... it was graffiti, and it had to do with a bodily function, and it was spelled wrong. That's all I'm saying for now... I'll send it on when I upload my pictures.

On the way back to Highgate we stopped at the grocery store, Hi Lo, for a few things. It's a fairly normal store, but they had no bread. They may not for a few days they said.... that doesn't often happen in the states. Lots of driving around, but a good day. Once again grateful that I don't get car sick... I can read and crochet riding down winding, bumpy, mountain roads - and that is quite a feat.


Back to the guest house for a 30 minute power nap, watched Braylon while half of the group (his mommy included) went to the Clonmel Potters.... I'll go tonight. Fried chicken for dinner, and ice cream for dessert. Good phone chats tonight... really good for me. Somedays I can't call home cause I know I'll cry - the night before i thought I was emotionally doing well and I sobbed! I'm doing okay, but I can't even explain my random emotions right now anticipating this change in my world. So I won't try today.


Continue prayers for Kingston - it's getting rough. We are still safe.


Love, Al

No comments:

Post a Comment