Monday, October 19, 2009

2 Questions

If you want to learn what most excites me in my service to my church, just sit through a great discussion during Children’s Church. Rarely do my emotions run from doubled over laughter to tears in such a short time – but these kids do it nearly every week! In line with our pastors current sermon series on Job, I asked the children two questions:

1. How BIG is God?
2. What does God look like?

A few of my favorite answers: “God has big ears so he can hear all of us.” “God wears a skirt, but not like a girl one.” “God is infinity 3 times.” “God has a really big smiley face.” “God looks like what your imagination shows.” “It doesn’t really matter if I learn everything about God, because I really don’t have a good memory.” We talked about not wanting to know everything about the God we serve, so He is always smarter, and stronger – and can take care of us. They said that they didn’t want the mystery to go away… how precious, and honest, and TRUE!


No comments:

Post a Comment